We are looking for a talented Head of Research, Development and Manufacturing to a pharmaceutical company with facilities in Uppsala. The company is in a very exciting phase with major challenges and new opportunities.
• Drive the important development work of the companys next technology platform, and lead the R&D work with identifying and developing new product ideas
• Build solid knowledge around the drug product formulation and the technology platform.
• Create the industrialization roadmap that captures innovation, reduces costs and enhances product qualitys and
• Work with CMOs and CDMOs with planning of supply for clinical studies
• Provide scientific support for product development, regulatory submissions, and process development of developmental products.
• Liase with CSO and CTO on strategic decisions
• Leading a team of five specialists
• Budget responsibilities
• Member of Tech Ops Management team
• >10 years of experience working with R&D as well as manufacturing in the pharma industry.
• To be successful in this role you will need a strong scientific background with good communication skills (written and verbal) and a truth-finding drive.
• Experience of leadership roles in GxP environment
• Process improvement work and project- or process leadership is a plus
• Takes initiative and is a doer with a strong drive
• Appreciates both the possibilities and challenges of a small and growing dynamic entrepreneurial company. Ability to collaborate across organization for successful accomplishment of projects.
• Stable leadership in the spirit of the owners/executive management
• You are driven and skilled when it comes to leading, organizing and completing tasks and projects within set deadlines. Ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and priorities.
In terms of personal characteristics, the typical candidate is a dynamic and ambitious individual. Open minded, frank, non-political, results oriented; has strong views and can present them with a sound rationale; has the seniority and gravitas to stand up and present in front of scientific and medical communities. They must be an excellent communicator with commercial understanding, and a very results-oriented character. The successful candidate is creative, innovative and entrepreneurial, yet with a strong capability for building structures and processes as well as delivery-on-time mindset.
Position and location
If you are interested, or know somebody who would be suitable, contact Jan Friberg, firstname.lastname@example.org mobile 0705 871228 and send your CV to: